And so it begins. The 2016 NIBA Convention starts this afternoon, with an opening address by NIBA President Graham Stevens.
This will be followed by a keynote from seven-time surfing world champion Layne Beachley AO who will inspire with the story of her journey through a challenging upbringing to becoming the most successful female surfer in history.
Then get ready for two full days of thought-provoking discussion and presentations from visionaries and industry experts.
Don’t miss out on the key Allianz-sponsored thought leadership sessions:
- Australia 2021: will it be more like a utopia, dystopia or a hybrid? Yassmin Abdel-Magied will enlighten you with her thoughts on the current trends affecting our society and where they may lead.
- Insurance 2021: hear from leaders in insurance – Allianz’s David Hosking, Aon’s Lambros Lambrou and NIBA’s Dallas Booth will provide their perspectives on the shape of industry in five years.
- Insurance broking 2021: what does it take to be a successful broker of the future? Find out from AUB Group’s Mark Searles and Steadfast’s Allan Reynolds.
- Insurance and the sharing economy: what are the insurance challenges of the new peer-to-peer economic models? Modern Risk Solutions’ Geoff Stooke and Allianz’s Sascha Hunt share their views, while Uber Victoria’s Matt Denman will take you through his vision of the future of cities.
- Demographics and disruption: how will we do business in 2021. Here Bernard Salt will set the scene for what the market will be like. Then hear from ANZIIF’s Dr Amy Gibbs about digital disruption and its impact on the insurance landscape, and Behavioural Insights Team Ravi Dutta will look in to the mind and behaviour of insurance clients.
There’ll also be tonnes of networking opportunities in the various social events coming up, kicking off with this evening’s Welcome Reception at the Cargo Hall (5:30pm start).
The NIBA Expo Hall will also open tomorrow morning at 9:15am so get there bright and early to visit some of our exhibitors – not only are they showcasing some new products and services, but many have prizes to be won too.
Just a reminder to download the Convention app from the Apple or Google App Stores (search for NIBA2016).