Next week is the 2019 NIBA Convention, which is being held this year on the Gold Coast. So far 700 delegates have registered to attend, and we are looking forward to what will be a great event.
Following the Royal Commission, there is going to be major change in the financial services industry – in addition to the difficult market conditions, threats from technology and disruptors, greater competition, mergers and acquisitions, and the like.
The NIBA Convention will address all of these topics. Our goal this year has been to help broking Principals, career brokers and Young Professionals understand what is going on, and help them work out what they will need to do and what strategies they will need to develop to remain in business successfully.
Feature presentations will include –
- ICA President Richard Enthoven and NIBA President Eric Harris on the State of the Industry
- ASIC Commissioner Danielle Press
- AFCA Chief Ombudsman David Locke
- Code Compliance Committee Chair Michael Gill
- Legal and regulatory update from NIBA’s lawyer Mark Radford and myself
- Together with a Members Meeting to discuss these and other industry issues and challenges.
We also have two great plenary speakers, a range of concurrent sessions on topical issues, and two major social events to aid the discussions and celebrate all the wonderful things in insurance broking.
It is not too late to register for the NIBA Convention – just go to the convention website. I hope to see you there.