Australian Reinsurance Pool Corporation (ARPC) will host the second Terrorism Risk Insurance Seminar on Thursday, 05 October at Parliament House in Macquarie St, Sydney.
Terrorism is a persistent global threat with many impacts and the seminar chaired by ARPC CEO, Dr Christopher Wallace will focus on current and emerging terrorism threats as well as the implications for policymakers and the insurance/re-insurance industry.
Keynote speakers will include:
- Ian Carson AM, ARPC Chair:Why are we here and what can delegates expect? The strategic direction for ARPC
- Pablo Carpay, Co-ordinator, Countering Violent Extremism Centre, Attorney General’s Department: CVE and the need for collaboration outside government
- Dr. Anthony Bergin, Senior Research Fellow, National Security College, ANU and Senior Analyst, Australian Strategic Policy Institute: Homeland security and disaster resilience – from the Australian Government to local councils
- Anthony Bubalo, Deputy Director and Research Director, Lowy Institute for International Policy: The Future of Jihadist Terroris
- Murray Ackman, Lead Researcher, Institute of Economics and Peace: Thwarted terror attacks and what the re/insurance industry and policymakers can learn from them
- Levi West, Director of Terrorism Studies, Australian Graduate School of Policing and Security, Charles Sturt University: Towards cyber-terrorism? The evolution of terrorist offensive cyber capabilities
- Michael Pennell PSM, ARPC Chief Underwriting Officer: An update on ARPC’s Cyber Terrorism White Paper: Trends in terrorism insurance/reinsurance
- Paul Allison, Vice Chairman, Guy Carpenter: Concluding Q&A and panel session with all speakers.
For more information please visit the ARPC website or contact email@example.com.