Female brokers dominated as some of the industry’s top talent was celebrated at the 2016 Steadfast-ANZIIF Awards, which were announced at last week’s Steadfast Convention in Brisbane.
The Steadfast-ANZIIF Outstanding Achievement Awards and the Young Insurance Professional Award recognise the brokers who obtained the highest grades in the ANZIIF Diploma of Insurance Broking from students working for companies in the Steadfast Group.
The big winner was Megan Young of Risk Insure in Adelaide, who was announced as the winner of the Steadfast-ANZIIF Young Insurance Professional Scholarship, as well as being the highest achiever in the ‘Providing Customer Advice’ category.
The full list of 2016 winners is:
- The 2016 Steadfast-ANZIIF Young Insurance Professional Scholarship: Megan Young, Risk Insure
- Providing Customer Advice: Megan Young, Risk Insure
- Insurance Law and Regulation for Brokers: Yianni Gourlas, Coverforce Pty Ltd
- Claims Handling for Insurance Brokers: Kathryn Fry, Finance & Insurance (Brokers) Australia
- Risk Assessment and Management: Alyce Kelly, Action Insurance Brokers
- Managing Insurance Broking Operations: Rachael Smeed, Phoenix Insurance Brokers
- Insurance Products: Bianca Whild, Finn Foster & Associates
ANZIIF CEO Prue Willsford said: “We are so pleased to recognise individuals and organisations who have achieved exceptional academic results. Through their commitment to academic excellence, they set the foundations for professional success, and we commend them on their achievements.”