The three finalists for NIBA’s 2016 QLD Young Broker of the Year Award have been announced, with the winner set to be announced in July.
The contenders are:
- Christina Neylon – Ausure Coast & Country
- Tyrone Shandiman – Strata Insurance Solutions
- Dwayne Watkins – Aon
The winner of QLD Young Broker of the Year Award will be announced at the NIBA QLD Gala Lunch in Brisbane on Wednesday 20 July, following the popular NIBA-UAC Underwriting Expo. They will go on to represent QLD in the Vero-sponsored Warren Tickle Memorial Award, which will be announced at the 2016 NIBA Convention in September.
Neylon, Shadiman and Watkins join the list of YP finalists from NIBA’s other regions that have already been announced:
- Olivia Googh, Willis Towers Watson
- Noel Kelly, Austbrokers AEI Transport
- David McDonald, Arthur J. Gallagher
- Josh McDonald, Brecknock Insurance Brokers
- Katie Stephenson, Arthur J. Gallagher, Darwin
- Daniela Zaccone, Willis Towers Watson
- Todd Arnold, Roderick Insurance Brokers
- Nick Daffy, Arthur J. Gallagher
- Aaron Sparkes, Aon
The WA regional finalists are expected to be announced soon.
NIBA CEO Dallas Booth said: “The QLD region was very strongly contested this year, and we had a number of extremely talented young brokers who reached the final interview stage.
“Although we can only name three finalists, all should feel very proud of their applications, which clearly indicated their exceptional levels of expertise and client service.”